Monday 11 January 2010

I will be glad when I have had enough of this!

"A strong easterly wind with light snow blowing horizontally will make it feel like -5 degrees" said the weatherman.

On the basis of this forecast I decided to forgo yesterdays planned piking session on my local River Nene and enjoy a lie in. By lunchtime I realised that the forecast blizzard was not going to reach Peterborough and I had missed out on a days fishing. Why do I listen to the weatherman?

The late great Fred J Taylor when fishing in hopeless conditions was quoted as saying, "I will be glad when I have had enough of this!" I have resolved in future to continue to plan my fishing around the weather forecasts but not be a slave to them, after all the weather men don't always get it right.

"Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way......" Michael Fish in October 1987.